Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a stock air box in my 2015 ford focus sedan so what’s this snorkel delete and resonator delete??? i want to just take off the lid to the air box for my intake noise is that safe? i have a K&N filter, just wanna know some tips for a guy with a stock air box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
i have been running without the lid all summer had been getting 42 and up mpg the past 3 weeks ive seen my octane adjust ratio go worse with winter gas mileage dropped to 39 .ive also noticed when it gets down close to freezing my grill shutters stay open 20 percent prob so they dont freeze closed

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have been running without the lid all summer had been getting 42 and up mpg the past 3 weeks ive seen my octane adjust ratio go worse with winter gas mileage dropped to 39 .ive also noticed when it gets down close to freezing my grill shutters stay open 20 percent prob so they dont freeze closed

so it’s safe for me to take off the lid?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
so it’s safe for me to take off the lid?

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Yes it's safe.
But you're really only making a bunch of noise.

Edit: If you're running a stock filter, you should upgrade. You can do the snorkel delete(search for info) and an open ended green filter for a compromise.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my car has no cat and the muffler is lopped off so my car is already stupidly loud and obnoxious ?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
my car has no cat and the muffler is lopped off so my car is already stupidly loud and obnoxious ?

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Gotcha.
Also, see my edit above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts