Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
You live too close to me to hold any kind of grudge against a fellow Focus owner since the actual enthusiasts are very far and between here and you're at least regional so we could end up having a beer or two one day.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Focus ST owners, we have our first official Steeda upgrade for your brand new turbo charged Focus!

Our first batch of rear swaybar upgrades were manufactured and powdercoated this week. They'll be hitting the shelves next week and we'll have the bar listed on our website next week as well. Just thought I'd give you all a little sneak peak!

The silver powdercoated bars are 26 mm of solid tubing with our Steeda billet ends. The bar provides 70% increase in stiffness over the stock bar. Price will be available next week.

Follow us on Facebook to be one of the first to find out when its available: http://www.facebook.com/steedaautosports

·
Registered
25 Posts
I haven't read a thing about people buying these JUST to drag race. There's no harm in running it anyway

I'm sure these will be pretty quick once the tuning options come out and someone bolts up a set of drag tires

Mustang's a 2012 and will be auto-x'd btw. No sense in limiting a car to one kind of track
The new st is tune protected and the software is pretty much uncrackable.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The new st is tune protected and the software is pretty much uncrackable.
'pretty much uncrackable'... oh please, don't repeat that, it will get worked out, the timeline will depend on demand, cause demand = $ at stake.

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but what is a 2zz?
no worries :D

2zz-ge engine, heads up designed/made by yamaha. Has valve lift (similar to vtec but pulls harder) i had it tuned to engage at 5500 and redline was at 8900 rpms. Same engine in the new lotus Elise and exige and in the runx, corolla xrs, celica gt-s. 199.XXwhp was the best i got from it, stock was 161whp. stock lift at 6200 to 8250 rpms too much money to get there though. I got my genesis to hit 350whp with almost the same amount of $$$$

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll318/dasspr1/GD4.jpg

·
Registered
782 Posts
....[giddy]
If tuners could've made a business case for making a unit for my Lincoln Zephyr, I'm PRETTY sure they'll jump at cracking open a ST.

It's a shame We don't have a universal access a la VAGCOM to change certain things on our own.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
3200+ pound car getting mid to low 14s isnt bad. take out some weight exhaust upgrade maybe better intake and ignition and you could be seeing high 13s to low 14s.

all depends on how the car takes to bolt ons and of course loosing 200+pounds will shave some time off that. take the spare tire and stock sub out, back seat, door panels, trunk carpet gotta be able to atleast get .1-.3 faster on the 1/4 mile. a few bolt ons to shred another .1-.3 off and for a decent price you could have a nice quick daily driver.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts