Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my OBX header in for some while now and after all this recent talk about headers (F2,OBX,Cossie, FS....) I have come to wonder two things. One is, I have a tune from Focus Power and would like to know on a stock 07 2.0 dura non PZEV what color is the most up stream o2 sensor (black, white , or gray)? I have had my header in for some time now and can't remember how they go in to the stock manifold (header). And two, what if all my o2's got turned off what would happen? how would I know and how can I figure out if my one o2 sensor is actually working? Can I take it out and see if I get a CEL then I would know that that one sensor is working, right? I ask just based on the fact that I only have one and that takes away from the redundancy on the other o2's now I really have no fail safe, so I would like to know how to see if my one o2 is actually doing it's job.

Thanks in advance,
-Guy

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
the other 2 O2 sensors do completely different tasks then your primary.

the primary monitors air/fuel ratio for your PCM

the secondary monitors the heat in the cat and whatnot

and the third makes sure the cat is working.

the primary one should plug in on the passenger side of the top or back of the motor, where those wires run along that side of the valve cover. the other two plug in way down low almost by the flexpipe on the drivers side.

·
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, but I thought that the first worked in unison with each other, ya they have different functions but if one miss reads the AFR the other will compensate...right? And, If I take out the o2 and get a CEL that should tell me that it's working correct?

·
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I remember correctly I hooked up the gray one, I had the white one hooked up at first but I think you'd want the one thats furthest up stream. so, in other words just hook up the gray one not the white or black.

·
Registered
666 Posts
what do you do with the left overs? cover in foil and zip tie? or are there bungs for them?

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
i put the other two wires and sensors in my toolbox and left it at that

·
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It runs fine it's just my gas mileage is garbage now.... I guess that comes with the fact that I modded but still I just filled up this morning and on a full tank I only got 230ish miles...on one tank. I was even driving conservatively. I know that one of the o2 sensors monitor the AFR and since I have an AFR of about 12:1-13:1 ( i know not good ) I can only assume that it's working based off the fact it's trying to compensate hence the bad MPG....Right? IDK thats why I ask.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
thanks, but I thought that the first worked in unison with each other, ya they have different functions but if one miss reads the AFR the other will compensate...right? And, If I take out the o2 and get a CEL that should tell me that it's working correct?
wrong. they all have their own functions. Your AFR is WAY off, it should read 12.9-13.0 during a WOT run but it should bounce between 14.6-15.0 during regular driving. The reason your gas mileage is so shitty is because you are running massively rich.

as for bnld, they all WERE there for a reason-- two of which to monitor your cat which no longer exists. Therefore they don't have a reason anymore. You are no longer half assing it.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
^^^^ GOTCHA thanks for cleearing this up but i still think im going with the f2 . what are you soposed to do with them when they are just hanging around not plugged in.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
you unplug them and put them in your toolbox. Or throw them away. Or leave them in the stock header and get rid of it all.

·
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IT'S THE WHITE ONE...THE FORCE IS WEEK WITH THIS ONE...lol just kidding

1 - 18 of 18 Posts