Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the center cap on this rim just pop off or is there something holding it in...I don't want to break it.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
It pops off.
You should see that on one side of the cap, there is a gap so you can stick a flat head screwdriver in the gap and pop it off.
Just be careful not to scratch up the inside with the screwdriver.

You'll also notice that they have some cruddy bolts that will need to be replaced if you want to expose your wheel hub.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? I attempted to pop them off but stopped because it felt like something was holding them on.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I popped mine off last weekend to get my wheels rotated.
They just pop off.
Just put a decent size flathead screwdriver under the hole on the edge of the side of the cap and pull up.
Just look at the cap. You'll see the hole/gap on the edge of the cap.
also, the cap has a guide and only will fit on one way.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Please do not add to the number of people who think it looks good to drive around with no hubs on. It is the most ghetto thing and makes your car look like poo[8]

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
hey !
i like them better without the center caps !!!

i have no money for wheels...
people say they llok better and have ask what brand are they !

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Two things will help them look better.
1. New bolts
2. 2-inch Center cap to cover the small hub hole in the middle of the wheel.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
^^ that's what it's all about. a lot of people paint or powdercoat their stock 15's, hubcapless, and just get some polished lug nuts and get a center cap. seen a lot of people with a center cap by Focal wheels. looks great.

·
Registered
525 Posts
microtonal said:
Two things will help them look better.
1. New bolts
2. 2-inch Center cap to cover the small hub hole in the middle of the wheel.
Yeah, I've painted my wheels, and I'd like to know where you can get those things for a good price. Let us know. If anyone wants to see my wheels, you can click on my website.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, now that I hear about these center caps you can get I'm very interested as well.

It will look great once I paint my wheels black then have the chrome bolts and the center cap.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
you can get "dragon bolts" or "gorilla bolts" (they're called something like that) from autoaccessory.com i believe. they're polished, and come with a special adapter so people won't try to jack your shit.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
who will want sock focus rims ?!?!?!

yeah the center caps are a little overpriced !

1 - 20 of 44 Posts