Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whast up guys. Havent been in here in a while cause I ended up picking up a different car. But my g/f is picking up her 04 SVT Focus today and I was curious what a stock SVTF will run in the 1/4

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
bump!

·
Registered
19 Posts
They're really tricky to launch, like most four bangers and the six speed doesn't help any, so consistent times are hard to come by. I've seen times ranging from 16s down to high 14s. Mid 15s are what a good driver is suppose to be able to net, but it all depends on the car, the driver, and the track conditions.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
high 14's on a stock SVTF? [???:)]

I was guessin more like high 15's

oh well, guess i'll have to help her break it in and take it to the track

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry, didn't read the post well. The high 14s are all run with the ORP. With the cat still in, I think the best anyone could do is a mid 15 with a good launch around 4k. If you've got traction control and don't pull the fuse, you'd be lucky to break into the 15's at all.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
ohhh, ok. Yeah, I looked on MSN Autos and they said 16.02 which I thought could be right but I thought that they should be able to break into the 15's without a problem. The TC though does make that sound more accurate now that you said that.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I remember a while back when I was looking into the SVTF's that there were problems with the ECU having to be re-flashed quite a few times. Is this still a problem? Also, whats a good break-in period for this car before she starts going crazy with it? Are there any problems/facts that she should be aware of when she picks it up?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Taking mine this saturday to the track ..lets see how badly i suck at the launch LOL ive been practicing but we will see i'll post my times on here -

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
CivicHatch+SVT-F said:
I remember a while back when I was looking into the SVTF's that there were problems with the ECU having to be re-flashed quite a few times. Is this still a problem? Also, whats a good break-in period for this car before she starts going crazy with it? Are there any problems/facts that she should be aware of when she picks it up?

you should be ok with the 04

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
with all the people on here, no one has ran their SVT's except like 2 people? [paranoid]

·
Registered
331 Posts
I know magazine racing pisses some people off, but the best I've seen for the SVT is 15.8. I think it was Motor Trend. The car isn't a straight line beast, but hopefully that is not why your girlfriend is buying the car. The SVT has amazing handling though, and great brakes. That alone makes up for the slower straight line speed. Any stock car that can pull .90G's on the skidpad for $21,000 is okay in my book.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i ran a best time of 17.1 with o horrible launch here in pueblo, co. i plan on taking to a track in texas next time i go home to see the difference. i will be running up here again next month with the new intake to see the difference here. also have a steeda short, so i'm not sure how much that will help. just curious if i read right....does it help to pull the fuse on the traction control? and if so, is it easy to find? i am lazy, i know......

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
ask Euro about that CO air, not good for focus times, when you come down here you should go to Redline some time in Caddo Mills

·
Registered
35 Posts
i plan on it. i should be back near the end of may. if i am there longer thana couple of days, which i am hoping for. i'll hit you guys up and we'll all go out there.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
altitude kills! you could probably gain alot of time back at a lower one

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
nah, she's not looking for a straight line beast (shes got a 72 Camaro w/ a 361 smallblock for that) . She just wants something thats fun to drive. She owned an Escape and after she drove my car a few times she started falling in love with the feel and handling of hatchbacks. So she started looking at the SVT since she works for Ford and can use her Escape as a trade in. Just trying to get some more facts on the car so I can convince her its a good choice.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts