Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have been crusing around the threads here and have not come across a definitive answer for my question. I am looking to install my own sub and want to run it directly of the HU. From the wiring diagram I found in another thread it loos loke the Audio Module has the necessary connections based on the Audiophile upgrade. So my question is,

Is the Audio Control Module the same regardless of model?

If this is the case then the Aux speaker connections should already be there just not connected to anything, I would think that this would be the way to go it would seem silly to have different ACM's for different trim packages and if they do then thay have learned nothing from the Japanese. If they are there then I think I have all the knowledge necessary to do it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have heard of a lot of people running the signal for the sub off the back speaker cables, this seems to me like a hack way to do it if the ACM has the outputs ready to go. I found instructions on how to get access to the HU and it is a bit of a job, I wanted to know for sure that the ACM has the required AUX outputs for a sub before I ripped my dash apart and find out it doesn't. Like I said the wiring diagram for the HU (listed at the top of this forum) shows that there is Aux outputs for the Audiophile setup but it is not clear whether the ACM is the same for the stock and Audiophile setups, it would suprise me if they were different but I just wanted actual confirmation from someone here who might have hooked up a sub in this manner.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ehh i couldnt tell ya, i just wired it off the back of my speakers...I took apart my HU and i couldnt even do anything with it, no hookups

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea if you want to keep the stock radio you will need to buy a LOC(line output converter) which taps into your rear speakers and the ngives you the RCA's which you need for an amp. There is nothing wrong with this method. It works fine, sounds fine, and keeps the factory look.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thread titled

2008 Focus SES with audiophile - How to wire in an extra sub? **Pics**

Has all the answers :). Apparently The ACM's are different, the wiring harness for a sub is installed in all 08's but is cut off at the HU, if you don't have the Audiophile system. Furthermore the inputs don't exist so rewiring the connector is a no go. What I don't understand is why cut it off, It seems like a pain to have to rewire it if someone upgrades to the Audiophile system??? and to carry different components seems like a pain also, I would think that having one type of ACM for all options would be better than having a different one for each application. They really don't what to make it easy to fit aftermarket equipment do they? Bastards. They probably won't release an API for the sync system either but that's another story entirely.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The thread titled

2008 Focus SES with audiophile - How to wire in an extra sub? **Pics**

Has all the answers :). Apparently The ACM's are different, the wiring harness for a sub is installed in all 08's but is cut off at the HU, if you don't have the Audiophile system. Furthermore the inputs don't exist so rewiring the connector is a no go. What I don't understand is why cut it off, It seems like a pain to have to rewire it if someone upgrades to the Audiophile system??? and to carry different components seems like a pain also, I would think that having one type of ACM for all options would be better than having a different one for each application. They really don't what to make it easy to fit aftermarket equipment do they? Bastards. They probably won't release an API for the sync system either but that's another story entirely.
I agree, I think it's pretty ridiculous. I spent a few days researching this and after going back and forth in that thread it became clear that non-audiophile systems lacked the sub/amp inputs. At least if they left the connector and you felt like upgrading the ACM you could gain those inputs and take advantage of the sub/amp harness in the rear. Why they cut the harness is beyond me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts