Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lights feels off from day one and I took it to the dealer twice over the issue. Both times, they said they adjusted it and its fine.

It still looks off. Here's what my beam looks like from approx 25 feet. The wall is straight, so is the ground.

Is this within tolerance, or are they dodging their warranty repair?

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's off, but it's not hard to adjust the lights. Just get the correct size allen wrench, which if you don't have some get some from Wal-Mart for a $1.00. Then just aim them about level with each other and test them out to see how high or low you like them. I like my lights aimed up higher than stock.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you have allen keys this will take you approx. 5 seconds to fix.

·
Registered
219 Posts
WOW!!

Like said above about 5 secs. and an allen wrench and your done!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FocusManTroy said:
WOW!!

Like said above about 5 secs. and an allen wrench and your done!
To change the aim, you're right. You can make it "match" but how do you verify that you're properly aimed?

·
Registered
295 Posts
It tell you in the users manual.

I dont have mine around so I cannot tell you the process and measurments.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I fixed it. What a shame the service dept at my dealer couldn't fix it right the first time. Bumper to bumper warranty where I'm personally responsible for fixing small things that adds up, how nice eh?

The manual procedure:
1.Measure height from bottom of car to center of headlight.

2. Find a wall with at 40+ feet of flat area in front of it. Mark a horizontal line across the wall at a height from step #1.

3. Park car 25' away from the wall

4. AIM the light so that the top portion of the "high intensity" area of the beam touches the line on the wall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts