Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have an '03, with the Cd wiht the 4 buttons you can remove, well I can't find a wiring harness for it, it has the three plugs....if anyone has a part No.# or brand that sells them, and also what do the three plugs do? I bought a harness that was supposed to work and it only came with 2 plugs and none fit....also if anyone know's of an install kit, for it....Thanks for any help

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Have you actually removed the stereo to see what they look like? I just replaced my factory Audiophile 6-disc with a new HU, and I used Scosche brand wire harness adapters. AFAIK, there is no adapter currently available for the "third" plug. The other two should be available, though. Are they kinda long and thin, like a rectangle? That's the most common type of Ford stereo connection... check Scosche's website.

http://www.scosche.com

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
If you have the Blau MP3 player, you're going to need a VW wireharness. i only know this b/c i work in the car audio dept of Best Buy :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok I have the little piece of crap CD player, where you can take the the buttons 2-5 off, like some kinda knock off theft protection, but thing is, I doubt I could pay someone to steal this....
The Harness I tried was a scosche, the part no# was the part number their book said I'd need....oh yeah and it wasn't right

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Ooops, I didn't notice in your first post that you said you already tried them and they didn't fit. Since you have apparently taken the radio out, how about taking it into an electronics chain like Circuit City or a car stereo installation shop? You can take the stock HU in and they can check it to make sure you get the right harness.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i'm almost 100% that its going to be a VW harness, foci are weird like that. . .. but i still love mine

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's what I'm doing this afternoon, I'm just gonna take it out, so from what I've read the middle smaller plug is meaningless I dont' need to worry about it....I have to return one to pepboys anyways....Also I've gone to the install shops and most of them cannot pull up a part number for it....also anybody off hand know the part No# for the faceplate install kit, to make the smaller HU fit....

ok the harness on crutchfield.com has the wrong harness too....I'm gonna look at the VW parts

I just looked at VW harnesses and they dont' look even CLOSE, off to the stores again

·
Registered
253 Posts
that's because if i'm not mistaken blaupunkt is the manufacturer of the focus radios. so that makes sense that they would need vw harnesses. cuz vw uses their aufdio equipment also.

·
Registered
95 Posts
yeah man, i know what you are saying. i went to best buy and they gave me the harness and it is for the ford non-premium units, like in the new cugars, but not for the foci. the funny thing is if you are putting in a blaupunkt unit yuou shouldnt even need the harness, it should just fit right in. so for all of you who may be looking into a new head unit...

"If you have the Blau MP3 player, you're going to need a VW wireharness. i only know this b/c i work in the car audio dept of Best Buy :)" so when i go to best buy what harness should i be asking for? a 2003 golf or jetta?

·
Registered
270 Posts
your gonne need the vw antenna adapter and as for the wiring there is one by metra model #801770 and then there will be another harness the go to the paticular brand HU u have. i got these for my car and they work perfectly. They have them at Circuit City. i work there and thats where i got them

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got the antenna taken care of, and i have the HU and that harness, I just need the harness for the factory wires, I'll check it out, I'll try another circuit city since one by me tried to say it was the same part that would not fit....go figure

·
Registered
24 Posts
NEVER trust a stereo salesman, only what works. If someone from Circuit (I used to work there, too.) is sooo confident, let them bet their sale on it. If it works, you pay for it, if it doesn't, you get to return it, no charge. no matter what you get, it's what works. period.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh yeah I love ciruit city no hassle returns on just about anything, it's my fav

·
Registered
270 Posts
onw of the connectors will be a little shorter than the factory harness...the one for power/grnd/acc/....ect... it will fit in trust me i have it

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know it will fit but with the harness one of the connections will not be connected, it doesn't cover one of the prongs....but the installer guy I'm talking to figured it all out and is getting the parts....so I don't care, it'll get done tomorrow, then the sub or subs will go in shortly after....Woohoo....

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well it's installed took 3 kits total, I am just happy that it sounds MUCH better than the stock HU, even though it's a 4 year old pioneer that hasn't been used in about 3 years....it still kicks...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts