Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody cheer me up!!
Been waiting since July 21st (my order date) for my VIN number. Check with the dealer seemingly every other day and even had Ford Customer Service's ear (Natasha). Did have a bit of a snafu a few weeks after ordering when I was told that the Tuxedo Black was no longer available--changed to the Ebony Black. Dying to drive my new SEL Sedan (w/ 303A, charcoal leather, winter package and moonroof).
Don't really understand Ford's weird ordering system but trying to keep spirits high.....
Anyone else waited nearly 6 weeks just for VIN???? [:(]

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
It's a problem of supply and demand.
If it makes you feel better, I ordered mine last December and didn't receive it until June.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure that makes me feel better but its nice to know that there are others.....

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's a problem of supply and demand.
If it makes you feel better, I ordered mine last December and didn't receive it until June.
Wow... just curious- did they give you an approximate delivery date when you ordered it? If so, what was it?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I ordered mine July 20th, and the dealer still hasn't given me an update, i talked with Natasha and she got me a VIN, said to check back in, in 2 weeks to see that it's in production.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ordered mine in June 11....got my VIN August 11, build week Sept 5.....I'm dying....been checking for my window sticker everyday...1 week out and no window sticker?!
So i would say be patient...but i have been and it sucks...have fun!

·
Registered
229 Posts
How long does it take to get a VIN? (I ordered mine a week ago today)

·
Registered
967 Posts
How long does it take to get a VIN? (I ordered mine a week ago today)
The average seems to be about a month.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Wow... just curious- did they give you an approximate delivery date when you ordered it? If so, what was it?
No, in mid-December nobody knew when the actual production would begin.

At that time, I thought that the production might start as early as March but I knew it could be much later than that.

The total time from order to delivery was a bit less than 6 months.

I wasn't anxious because I didn't have any real expectation as to when the car would actually arrive.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Since you had to change the color, you basically started over again from scratch. A VIN couldn't be generated on a tuxedo black car, so whenever they caught the error and resubmitted and you were accepted for ebony black is how long you've actually been waiting for a VIN. Hopefully they gave you a priority 2 for the mix up.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No priority 2--still a 10. I actually asked Natasha if the paint mix up starts over the process and she said no but who knows... Really have to bitch at the dealer for not cutting me any breaks for the paint BS

·
Registered
48 Posts
There seems to be no rhyme or reasons on when VIN's are issued. Some have waited months and some have waited weeks.
I made the deal on one on Aug 8th. Order placed Aug 9th. Got a VIN from the dealer Aug 17th and at the same time the dealer told me production date is Aug 29th (they were a day out, actual production Aug 30th) Expected arrival, week of Sept 12th.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Ordered mine in June 11....got my VIN August 11, build week Sept 5.....I'm dying....been checking for my window sticker everyday...1 week out and no window sticker?!
So i would say be patient...but i have been and it sucks...have fun!
I'm 2 weeks out and no sticker. Apparently we should have all ordered in Manitoba, all those guys are getting cars within 6 weeks somehow. I ordered back on July 14th and it took a month for a VIN, and now 2 weeks after that STILL no sticker. I'm starting to get pissed. At least if Ford explained how this all worked it would help ease the anxiety. [thumbd]

·
Registered
492 Posts
I'm 2 weeks out and no sticker. Apparently we should have all ordered in Manitoba, all those guys are getting cars within 6 weeks somehow. I ordered back on July 14th and it took a month for a VIN, and now 2 weeks after that STILL no sticker. I'm starting to get pissed. At least if Ford explained how this all worked it would help ease the anxiety. [thumbd]
+1 for manitoba.

rest of canada-->[bash]<--manitoba

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No sooner than I start the thread than.....wait for it.....I GOT MY VIN !!!!
Got a response from Natasha at FCS. Was told "... check back in two weeks to confirm that it has gone into production.". Not sure exactly what this means but we'll see.

Does anyone know how you can find out when build dates get assigned? Does the ETIS info at Ford let you know this?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts