Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car is over 10 years old and its basically starting to fall apart. I just replaced my battery, alternator, took care of some leaks and my car powers on and runs and gets me from point A to B. Every now and then when I pull up to a stop light or sign or down shift around a corner my car seems to bog a little and my RPMs go all the way down to like 2 or 300. Once and a while at a stop light my car will die. but it will start right back up. This has been going on now for almost 2 months. If anyone can help or has any ideas let me know. I also just replaced my TPS.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Clean your MAF. Clean your IAC. Check your plugs for fouling from a leaky valve cover gasket.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also when was your last Fuel Filter Change And PCV Change even little stuff like that can mess with the car to the point of stalls also check for leaks in any vacuum hose there is lot of vids on YouTube on how to check vacuum

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking it may have a vacuum problem somewhere. I am going to check that out on youtube now. I recplace my fuel filter and pump couple of months ago and PCV a couple years back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts