Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant figure it out I'm running a non matched set of sparkplugs they are all iridiums but ones an ngk and the other three are denso's. It feels like a slight misfire at 50 in 4th gear, HELP could it be where I ran the ground to on the big 3 like it's not grounded right?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Why don't you try running all the same brand of plug= get another Denso!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Or a set of motorcraft plugs...

·
Registered
582 Posts
if you change the plugs and you are still experiencing this, try cleaning your mass air sensor. they sell a specific cleaner at parts stores just for this. When i bought my used cai it didnt come with a cone filter, so i used a really old one that fit i had laying around.

about a week of driving with the old dirty one and my car started having some hiccups while cruising and idling. it felt like it does when you have the ac cranked and the compressor has its tick now and then... but my a/c wasnt on!

I cleaned the maf sensor while putting on a new cone filter and reset the computer and its better than ever.

·
Premium Member
21,256 Posts
Stay away from the ngk and irid crap and get a set of the sp463 motocrafts for the Zetec or the 103 autolights for the Duratec

Tom
^^^^ There's your best answer. Go 103 Autolite plugs. The parts stores will recommend 104s, but the colder 103 will reduce timing pull situations due to crappy fuel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts