Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a couple questions now that i have the kit and notice somethings.
1.So i know for a fact that i saw the car at 10 psi at toms, why does it only read 10 in first gear? It gets to 7,8,9 psi in the other gears. I have a cheapo wastegate and bov, but i just bought a evolution, and going with rfl from turbo xs. Does the cheap stuff cause i boost leak or something.
2.How do i gurantee that my boost guage is working correctly?
3.Is their anyway to stop the car from jerking from torque steer, and do other people have this issue.
4.I have a manuel boost controller from turbo xs, and i have been turning it up ever so slightly to see if it works and the boost stays the same, whats the deal?

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
1.So i know for a fact that i saw the car at 10 psi at toms, why does it only read 10 in first gear? It gets to 7,8,9 psi in the other gears. I have a cheapo wastegate Does the cheap stuff cause ? ? ? ?
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]Yes , get a good electronic boost controller and it will cure this problem

2.How do i gurantee that my boost guage is working correctly?
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]Installing another one just for testing , borrow one from a friend

3.Is their anyway to stop the car from jerking from torque steer, and do other people have this issue.
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]A LSD will help some , Welcome to the world of FWD and HP/TQ

4.I have a manuel boost controller from turbo xs, and i have been turning it up ever so slightly to see if it works and the boost stays the same, whats the deal?
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]Like i told you at the dyno your controller isnt working up to par and you will need to turn it about 1.5 to 2 turns to add any boost BE CAREFULL

Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts