Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if anyone has seen there motor torquing back and forth with letting out the clutch in gear... well it moves a lot. plus i had a strange noise that would take place when letting the clutch out at a stop and i thought this might fix it, since everything else Ive tried hasn't worked. so i decided to buy the Ingalls stiffy, even though it was designed for the the zetec only. i saw that 03orangesvt had done it before, so i decided to give it a shot....

so i started off by marking the brackets where it needed cutting. i took out about 3/4" to get the bracket behind the motor mount, then welded on a piece of metal to strengthen the bracket. next i welded on a 1/8" thick washer on the back of the second bracket to account for the wider mounting studs on the motor. it might sound confusing so this is why i took pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it works good, feels more responsive getting up from a stop, and a peace of mind knowing the engine is rolling around under the hood. im happy with it.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ and i though i was the only one....lol....slight increase but not as much as i thought.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Looking good! I've always wanted to give mine a "stiffy" but dont have the welding skills, or tools to modify the mount....

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Very nice! If you don't mind, how much did that set you back? I wouldn't mind getting one.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got from CFM, it was about $150.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Any increase in vibration like a poly mount? That looks really nice; you need to bring that car out when we start having meets again in the spring. [:)]

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not enough vibration..my girlfriend still wont ride in the car with me..[hihi]

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Glad to see more SVT owners getting stiffy's.

That reminds me, anyone see that South Park episode with the parody on the Hardy Boys? "I'm totally getting a raging clue"

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is turning into a very suggestive thread....lol

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it defiantly will, feels a lot tighter then before.

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
<cough><cough>

i dont think so

im surprised no women have posted in this thread.

Im happy you molested your stiffy to make it fit where it wasnt intended[thumb]

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it hurt to deform it at first but it was well worth it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts