Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have SVT sway bar set up and addjustable H&R coilovers, my question is as follows: Isthere a set up that is stiffer than what I have? and if so than what is it and how much am I look at spending for it?

It could include many things like bigger sway bars or strut tower bars (I have both front and rear tower bars FS but not the front lower). Tires could be another thing that could help any suggestion on those would be good to.

Thanks in advance every one.
-Guy.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
There are sways that are much stiffer than the SVT. H&R makes pretty big ones. I think Steeda or someone had a humongous one.

Tires are very important, you can make your suspension as stiff as you won't but it won't help if tires are the limiting factor in your traction. Get some high performance street tires if you can, a good budget one is the Falken RT-615 but there are better new ones out there like the Bridgestone RE01R.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sachs shocks from BAT will firm it up @ only $171.00 for all 4. Make no mistake these shocks are firm (stiff).

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i tink your H&R coilovers are probably pretty dang stiff compared to a lot of other options.. how stiff do you want it?.. you can get a bigger rear sway but you should look into a slightly bigger front as well.

·
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like to get a bigger sway bars but I think the next biggest one is the 24 and that mite be to big for me but I will look in to it fo show. and as for tires I have some desent ones but good to know that there are some low budget good quallity ones out there too.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Keep in mind that a serious performance tire will usually NOT work in any form of snow or ice. So you may need 2 sets of wheels.

·
Registered
584 Posts
H&R swaybars will match your coilovers well. They're designed that way. The 24mm sway will be 70% stiffer than your current 21mm. That's definately worth doing, and won't hurt anything with your setup. If you don't have a good sporty alignment, that can make a big difference also. Tires are really the #1 thing to improve handling and traction, but there are several other threads on that.

·
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
24mm, is that the front or rear sway bar?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Both the front and rear H&R's are 24mm. The front bar has an adjustablility feature though which allows you to mount the endlink in further up the bar increasing the stiffness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts