Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering how our foci are holding up to performance suspension upgrades. i mean like over time, how are our chassis and interiors holding up to a stiffer ride? i searched this but didn't really come up with any thing so any info would be great. i ask because i have had a few cars that felt rock solid when new, but after adding a more aggressive shock/spring package they kinda vibrated apart. thanks guys...

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
ive got a LOT of new rattles and squeaks from the suspension and interior parts....

thats about it though...

·
Registered
122 Posts
i think the suspension has little effect on a new vehicle but as they get older and parts start to rust they can have a bit more effect. i have a 2000 and the suspension is great i love it, grabs the corners very well; ya i have to go over speed bumps slower but who cares. but because some parts are rusty they have more effect from stiff impacts and wear can be faster than on a softer suspension.

the same can be said for aftermarket stereos with subwoofers.

what you have to consider is how long do you plan on keeping the car. do you plan on having it for that long? by the time any problems occur most people are looking for new rides or have them already.
the exception being if youre hitting speed bums and railway tracks too fast, or get into it with a curb or any colision really. the stiffer suspension has a lot more force on the car then.

theres also going to more spent on tires, and other suspension parts that may slowly warp or bend

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
I have H&R addjust. coilovers w/ SVT type sway bars on my 2007 ZX3s. I did them about a year ago ans s till till this day ride the crap outta my car. I have had no problem w/ anyting coming apart b/c of it. I call my car Squirt b/c thats what I do in my pants evey time I drive it. I love the fell of mashing around the corners. Allthough, my car is still fairly new but so far holding strong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts