Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got a Steeda STS from CFM and installed it today. It's alot stiffer then the stock one was, is this normal and will it loosen up after more use?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Is it actually stiffer or does it just feel more tight?

·
Registered
289 Posts
It should have a very direct, taut, feel to it. If its difficult to move, make sure that you have greased/lubed the pivot points sufficiently. You can't overdo the grease.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it apart again and used the rest of the grease that was left over, which wasn't very much and drove it around for the day. Better then it was, but it's alot tighter of a shift, not as smooth as I thought it would be. I have a Steeda STS in my Shelby GT500 which is a totally different feel compared to this one. Not sure if I like it or not, I'll give a week and see... Thanks [cheers]

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
What tranny fluid are you running? My 2002 with a short throw wasn't the smoothest operator until I put in some Amsoil Euro car formula oil in the Getrag (it's what my dealer recommended) others have also had great luck with RP Synchromax

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What tranny fluid are you running? My 2002 with a short throw wasn't the smoothest operator until I put in some Amsoil Euro car formula oil in the Getrag (it's what my dealer recommended) others have also had great luck with RP Synchromax
Just to update...
Took your advice and changed the tranny fluid I used RP Synchromax, just happened to be on sale at Performance Improvements. Noticed a difference after a couple minutes and it kept getting better over the week. So Thanks to everyone seems to be working properly now, I'll keep it...
[ffrocks]

·
Registered
808 Posts
take off your counter weight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also be sure to try out the “How To”-Getrag Shift Linkage-Counterweight Removal. It removes the 5lb counterweight and really makes the shifter lighter [thumb]
Just a final update...
Took your advice and removed the Counterweight but it looked to me like the bracket should still be attached. So I drilled the rivet out of the back of the bracket and popped the weight off. Installed the bracket back on and now it shifts way better, not stiff at all even reverse... Great Mod... Thanks...
[driving]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts