Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help I have a ford focus 04 plate... I know. . Anyway I have problems with my gear selection just on cold mornings all seems fine though once cars heated up anyone else experienced the same thing?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Made this post it's own thread in a better section.

Stiffer when cold is pretty much universal to Manual transmissions. Could be VERY stiff if a P.O. used the wrong gear box fluid.

·
Registered
739 Posts
How many miles do you have? Has the transmission fluid ever been changed? Might just need some new fluid in there but all manual transmissions are a bit harder to shift in colder weather because the trans fluid is thicker when cold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its done 91k I recently bought it was driving fine up to a couple of days in then this started happening could be the oil il get on that first let u know if it is. What oil would u recommend on a focus lx 1.4

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
The Honey from Ford. Yes it's spendy but, worth it.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
You might want to check the level of your brake fluid reservoir. The brakes and clutch slave share the same reservoir.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had this same problem for months on my 2001. I changed the transmission about 4k miles ago, and keep an eye on the brake fluid reservoir. Over the weekend, I did an oil change, flushed the power steering fluid, and checked everything else. Brake fluid was completely empty! I filled it, and have checked every 30 miles, or so. I keep expecting a significant drop, assuming that I've got a leak, but after about 100 miles, it's still completely full... Kind of at a loss. Could be a coincidence, I guess, but either way, I've still got a stiff shifting problem. Any further thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts