Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just washed my car today and noticed its sticking, now i dont know if this is due to the cold, cuz its snowing up here in north dakota but it seemed fine and now its sticking. what i mean by sticking is it doesnt go in all the way and sit level or flush like it should, any help will earn rep

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
hmm mine likes to stick on the pass. side, but its more like the door is locked then anything else

·
Registered
784 Posts
Had the exact same problem. What happens is the mechanism behind the handle in the door becomes slightly corroded. This with the colder weather will cause it to stick in the open position. That's why the handle won't sit flush. What you do is take the door panel off, and look inside at the door handle mechanism. You'll see a couple of thin metal bars which run up to the handle. Spray some WD-40 on these parts and keep working the handle from the outside till it loosens up. After doing this with my car, the problem has yet to come back.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but even though it stuck open ur door would still shut right

·
Registered
117 Posts
my car has been experiencing a problem sortof like that. i own a 08 focus, and sometimes, if i unlock the passenger door and pull the handle, it acts like it is still locked. i used to have to pull it two times, or pull it till it got to the point where the mechanism was gonna engage, then release and pull again to open it. now its taking 3 to 5 pulls to do that.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
I would reccommend using teflon white grease instead of wd-40. will work better long term. just spray a bit in the lockin mechanism on the edge of the door as well as pulling out the handle and spray some behind it. i did that on my 03 and never had any problems for the almost two years after that til i sold the car

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx obocecha i didnt follow what u said to a t, but i gave u rep anyways cuz u helped out, and rep for havin a hot woman in ur display pic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts