Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2003 Focus in the winter of 2004. In the summer of 2005 my brakes started sticking. I'd be driving and braking as usual, them I'd go to brake again and the brake peddle would be hard and I'd smell the brakes burning. So I'd pull over and shut the car off and wait a few minutes turn the car back on and the brake peddle would be soft again and the brakes would be unstuck. I had the calipers and hoses replaced at the end of last summer and thought that fixed it because it didn't happen again. We'll it's summer again and the same thing is happening. I was wondering if it could be a computer problem with my ABS brakes? Is anyone else having this same problem. Because my mechanic has not idea what could be causing it. And when I asked someone at Ford they said it sounded like the calipers. But I know that's not the problem.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Yikes, something obviously isn't good. I'd get them checked out COMPLETELY by some certified brake expert/shop. Do you have warranty left? Probably not but ya never know.

I don't recall someone on this site mentioning something similar and I read most posts.

Good Luck with your solution to this.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Slightly different brake sticking problem"

My brakes are not ABS, tranny is ATX, and I have rear drums. Twice this year the pasenger-side rear drum has locked up - both times while leaving my level garage after parking overnight. Nice warm nights both times. First time just took a single rocking action. Today though it was stuck good, several rocking attempts did nothing. Shut it down, scratched my head, and then retried some more rocking and it worked.

I will try to remember not to set the parking brake so hard. I did several backing ups with hard stops to set the shoes/drums.

Any advise would be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts