Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i changed out my 6-disc changer for a new deck and nolonger have a need for the stereo controls on the steering wheel column. so my question is would it be possible to make that switch in to my cruise control switch. then i would be able to change out my steering wheel and not lose cruise.

·
Registered
864 Posts
no you cant. i have taken apart the wheel and installed a new one... and all that. there is no way to do it... well unless you get a wiring diagram, find which wires go to which function... then ... then... no its not possible

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i thought i'd check and see. as for why i want to change the steering wheel just for cosmetic reasons i think a momo wheel would look beeter then stock but i don't want to give up my cruise control i've grown quite attached to it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just wanted to know if it was possible also cause if i park my car this winter like i plan on doing i got a few months to figure it out

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think you're a genius. As far as I know, both the original speed control and the stereo controls both use WIRE. Before I would give up on this idea I would count the number of wires to see if the numbers are right. Some wires will be found right behind the air bag and the others are easier found behind the headunit. TRY TRY TRY.

·
Registered
426 Posts
haha yea its definitely possible, just a matter of finding which wires go to what

1 - 8 of 8 Posts