Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I got a factory single disc CD unit, I wanted to swap it with a 6 disc CD unit. Except for a few things.

1. The antenna port on my OEM stereo is some funky "Chrysler" port HUH?!
2. The Antenna port on my Ford 6 disc head unit is the universal port.
3. When I had sirius installed the jerks spliced the funky chrysler jack to install the FM modulator, rather than ask me if I wanted to pay for the required adapters which I would have rather done.

That being said, Now there is a whole lot of bad splicing back there, that requires rerunning of a new antenna corn, and installing a new FM modulator.

Advice?

2007 Ford Focus SE ZX5 w/ Sunroof, Keyless, Mats, Telescoping

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I would take back to the idiots the f'ed it up in the first place and tell them to fix it. Cause I don't really know what to tell you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tried that, the manager/owner is an absolute d*k about it, claims I should contact sirius. Siruis says take it back to the place I got it done. Thing is, Sirius sends out these gift cards for free instalation. Reason I got this, is my last car had siruis from the factory, car got totaled, called to cancel, they sent me free radio & install. It's from Installcard.com that backs it. Contacted them, etc.
At this point, What's the part number for the antenna cable, and a link to a diagram. I'll run a new cord my damn self. Worthless "pro" installer company.

·
Registered
0 Posts
This is another one of them wierd ones, another 2007 with the standard universal antenna connection, I have seen a few that have to use an adapter as they are the weird VW mini connection. While others like mine use the standard connection. Adding more to my mystery.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ken, You've also seen this?

the mini VW connector would actually made sense, this is a chrysler connection. I tried every adapter in the store, and that was the one that fit. a ford OEM stereo with a chrysler connection?! Oh Well I'll just replace the WHOLE antenna cable with a universal one. Then install the FM modulator correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts