Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the girlfriend wanted a system in her 08 SE but did not wanna change the head unit, i dnt blame her i love the stock cd player but in order to hook it up i used a line out converter and it just does not really hit like it should the bass lowers like the door speakers do because thats what the head unit was designed to do so they dont blow but is that why the subs do also or is the converter just an el cheapo?? Any way to get rid of the auto bass lower or am I screwed unless i change her head unit? Also if i have to go that route, where can i find the insert and what happens with the stock readout on the dash?? Any helpful hints will be very much appreciated! Thanx!![headbang]

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't give you much technical advice on what to do, but I put in a sound system last year without changing the head unit and it works perfectly. You can't even tell I put any aftermarket equipment in until you hear the bass.

I took my car to a place called Audio Excellience (it's in Florida). They installed 4 new indoor speakers, an amplifier for those, then my two 12in (800watt each) subwoffers with an amp for those as well. As a result, they were able to use the speaker amp to lower the bass and increase the loudness/clarity of my indoor speakers. All the thump comes from my subwoffers and the 1000watt amp that powers them. No head unit change and Sync/Bluetooth work great. Also, no warranty violation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I had one 12 in there and it sounded decent but she said she wanted to keep up with other ppl so we bought two mtx ts55 and a 3000 wat monoblock and the bass just isnt right maybe a place like your talking about will tell me thanx!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts