Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of making a custom pod-like fixture on the roof by my rear view mirror for my stereo. This way I can put a screen the "hole" where the stereo was and have it recessed about 3 or 4 inches in with, naturally, a custom fiberglass pod making it real clean and neat looking. What do you guys think? I'll photoshop it and repost to show you guys an idea of what im talking about

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i think its doable... you may have to modify the headliner a bit though... not sure, i know my headliner had a bit of clearance before the roof when i took it out, might almost be enough for a single din HU but you would need to do something custom for the face....

might get better results in the car audio section too

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Years back Eclipse had a "center channel" that mounted to a rear view mirror, this was years ago roughly late 90's. At the time it was basically 2 small midrange and an extention of the right and left channels.

It would be pretty easy to make a bracket that piggybacks the dome light mount and hangs a "center channel" just above the rear view mirror. You wouldn't need anything big just a small mid is all. Hell a decent ribbon tweeter would probably work best.

For the screen thing, I really see the car PC gaining steam and becoming more and more popular, and with the really crappy sound quality of mp3 a larger HDD is the way to go for better sound. Plus you can dump the add on ESP for an internal processor in a highly reduced package.
This is the one I was following for awhile --> http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show-off-your-project/43684-2003-focus-zetec-car-pc-install.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts