1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
487 Posts
not sure your size I think its double din though as far as the headunit you have posted up there I would absolutely not buy it. That head unit is garbage yes its only 60 dollars but its absolute crap. Stay away from anything dual makes. The headunit is the absolute last place your want to skimp on quality. The headunit determines the sound quality of the car you could have the best speakers in the world and with that dual headunit they would sound like garbage. Trust me your better off spending more money on a decent headunit.

When looking for a head unit you want to look at the number of pre outs and the volts of the pre outs the head unit has.
look for brands like JVC, Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer they make decent lower end models starting around 100 dollars that will walk all over that dual headunit

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would use Crutchfield's "Outfit my car" to find which ones will fit. Also, if you get a smaller receiver you'll need a plastic adapter that slides in to contain it, its about 15 bucks. Also adds storage space underneath for whatever your heart desires. Usually lighters cigs and the head units remote.

·
Registered
3 Posts
also, don't go too cheap on a head unit. Its the basis of your system, get a nice one. and if you're looking for blue tooth stay away from kenwood units that have it built in. MAKE SURE IT COMES WITH A MIC ATTACHMENT.

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
Your car can fit anything from single din --> din 1/2 --> to double din size radios.

Single din parts: Metra dash kit 99-5808, Metra harness 70-5520

Double din parts: Metra dash kit 99-5812, Harness(same)

*no antenna adapter required

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
not sure your size I think its double din though as far as the headunit you have posted up there I would absolutely not buy it. That head unit is garbage yes its only 60 dollars but its absolute crap. Stay away from anything dual makes. The headunit is the absolute last place your want to skimp on quality. The headunit determines the sound quality of the car you could have the best speakers in the world and with that dual headunit they would sound like garbage. Trust me your better off spending more money on a decent headunit.

When looking for a head unit you want to look at the number of pre outs and the volts of the pre outs the head unit has.
look for brands like JVC, Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer they make decent lower end models starting around 100 dollars that will walk all over that dual headunit
Agreed to stay the fizuks away from Dual!!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would actually recommend a Sony HU if on a budget. They are actually pretty nice and you can get one anywhere for under $100, usually $80 or $90 for decent ones. They have AUX and USB inputs and also have decent settings to choose from. Definately one of the better HU's for a budget! If you want to go a little higher up in price, Pioneer is an excellent choice. I've had awesome experience with any HU from Pioneer and Sony as well.

It all depends on what you want to do with it, as always.

·
Registered
37 Posts
^^^Gazookz hit the nail on the head. Sony makes some awesome budget HU's. if youre on a budget and you want to play your ipod in the car Sony, Kenwood, and JVC make awesome budget HU's for under $100.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile I'm still using a Kenwood that I have had for over 10 years and I got it on a budget and never had any problems out of it at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts