Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need some help from you. My focus came with a standard radio casette stereo and I would like to add a controller that hooks up on the steering to change station and increase or decrease volume. Unfortunately I didn't manage to find this part locally, so I wondered if I could get this part from the internet. Any suggestions or sites please?

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
I don't think that it would work for you unless you have an svt (assuming svts have this feature), if it would work it would require a good amount of extra wiring but i don't think it would work because there are no wires coming out of the stereo to control the volume and all those options. So i don't know what you could hook the wires coming from the steering wheel remote to.

- Scott

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some stereos have these remotes which are wireless, I would like to find 1 for my stereo without replacing it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I need to be more precise in my wording. I need to find a wireless remote compatible with the stereo that comes with the focus 03. So far I found nothing :( and I don't want to replace the stereo for now.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
I'm sorry but i'm about 99% sure I know what your asking for (although i still could be wrong) but i don't think that they make a wireless remote for your radio. I don't know many stock hu's that have remotes for them, esepcialy if they aren't an audiophile system or soemthing. I wish you the best luck though.

- Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts