1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
I'm trying to get a steering wheel to put cruise on my 09 Focus but
I'm having a hard time finding them

Does anyone know if another wheel from like a Fusion or Taurus would fit and work?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hold that thought for tomorrow....... go to bed man!!!!!!

hahaha.

To tell you the truth, I don't know a thing about the new foci's man... But I imagine that if you got a wheel off a foci that had it equipt, and got all the necessary parts together, You could probably do it. I would just take it to the dealer to get it done though...... Why didn't you just get Cruse on it in the first place?

And no, the fusion or taurus wheels wouldn't work because they probably have different wiring harnesses on them and ...... to be honest...... that would be a PITA to splice.

Good luck though, maybe someone on here (like Mike) can help ya out.

Happy Tuning, and Welcome to FF!,
Daniel.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried looking around for a Focus wheel with the buttons but haven't found one yet
If the Fusion and Taurus and such are drive by wire wouldn't the cruise control be the same? or basically the same?
Then it's just the issue of the wheel fitting on the thingy

anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I read on another forum that the dealership can order the wheel and the neccessary parts to add cruise. Basically everything is already there on the 08 and 09 due to drive by wire, just need the new steering wheel with the buttons. I was also told that the steering wheels with buttons for cruise are all leather wrapped, and you may have to take some inop sync buttons with it.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nopes
Mike @ Hilbish Ford said there's a rubber one with just cruise for $138 I think I'll just buy that one
I like the rubber one [cheers] lol

I'd still like to know if the wheels from the other cars would work though.. I like one of the designs from either the Taurus or Fusion, I forget which one right now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts