Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just recently my car wont drive straight with the steering wheel straight (it has to be turned to the left slightly). its anoying.

how do i fix it?

thanks

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Your front end is out of line, warranty does not cover a allignment, but you may want to make sure there is nothing else other than driver error to cause the front to be out of line. Make sure you check your tire's for more than usual wear on them, and try not to drive too long with the bad allignment, or you will end up buying new tires. [;)]

·
Registered
17 Posts
being a ford tech i`ll tell you that ur alignment is cover under a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty
there also and special service message about premature tire wear and its currently under investigation with ford get the alignment corrected and i`ll keep ya`ll posted on when they release a fix and what the fix is

·
Registered
76 Posts
R&DSVTZX5 said:
Your front end is out of line, warranty does not cover a allignment
I was told my first alignment was free with my warranty, or maybe it's with my service plan. They don't cover it because too many people hit curbs, or really large pot holes.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
roadracer said:
being a ford tech i`ll tell you that ur alignment is cover under a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty
My dealership is a SOB and told us that this so called 12 month 12000 mile warranty does not cover wearable items, alignments, tires and whatever else they added. I would love to find where this is written because in the warranty book it gives no indication that this 12 month 12000 mile warranty covers everything. I found information about tire wear on the Focus on http://blueovalnews.com but the SVTF was not mention with this problem, is there a differance in the control arms between the SVTF and ZX3, ZX5? I have notice some more than usual tire wear on our tires, I just chalked it up to my driving [}:)]

·
Registered
17 Posts
same control arms same part number and i`ll scan the warranty manual and post it for ya`ll to have when you go see the dealership and have lil something to fight back with cause the 12 12,000 does cover that cause i do front end alignments under warranty all day to cars that are still under 12 months 12,000 miles lot of shops want you to think different cause that makes there waranty rate go up and they would rather have ur money then ford cause they make more off of you then ford i`m gonna see the ford rep tommorrow so i`ll let ya`ll know about the tire wear concern

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
roadracer said:
same control arms same part number and i`ll scan the warranty manual and post it for ya`ll to have when you go see the dealership and have lil something to fight back with cause the 12 12,000 does cover that cause i do front end alignments under warranty all day to cars that are still under 12 months 12,000 miles lot of shops want you to think different cause that makes there waranty rate go up and they would rather have ur money then ford cause they make more off of you then ford i`m gonna see the ford rep tommorrow so i`ll let ya`ll know about the tire wear concern
This is great, thanks [thumb] I'll look forward to your post about this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts