Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How yall doin, was asked by a family friend to take a look at her focus because there was a vibration in the steering wheel. Was wondering what are some causes in these cars. Most of the vibrations are at idle and go away when you accelerate but come back on decel. I checked the power steering fluid while the engine was hot and it was up to the max line so my guess is that when the engine is cold its still in spec. Im new to Ford products so any help would be great

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
You do not say how old the car is.
But my first impression is the engine is just vibrating a bit more than ususal.
IMO nothing to worry about, Probably worn engine mount rubber stuff.
One 'tip is try using mid-grade gase instead of lowest. It may smooth up the engine a little.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I see you drive a 2002 IF that is the car then it is probably the motor mount.
The passenger side motor mount is filled with hydraulic fluid and there is a 'bubble' that pushes up against the bottom of the black cap. If it is intact then you will not be able to move that big plastic cap up or down by even a fraction of an inch

Ford OEM is the only way to go with that mount unless you are a glutton for punishment

Then there is a 'dogbone ' mount which I cannot tell you what to look for

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
the dogbone mount usually causes a loud "thud" when you shit..i don't think that would be your issue. How many miles are on the car? I would look at the passenger/driver side engine mounts. Also check to see if anything is loose or rattling down there causing the vibration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts