Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a momo steering wheel and a hub, are there any discussion on removing the factory steering? or can somebody tell me how to do it by myself.

Thanks [???:)]

·
Registered
17 Posts
its so big and bulky..plus it has the airbag inside of it...so i dont think so.....i could be wrong....

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
its very easy.. if you can by chance.. swing bye pep boys and pick up the ford focus manuel.. tells you everything in a step by step with pictures.. that will help out alot.

·
Registered
388 Posts
not sure on the focus, but you'll probably need a steering wheel puller. you can find them at most auto stores. on most cars there are 2 bolts behind the steering wheel, take those out and the cover will come off. then use the steering wheel puller to take the bolt out to the steering wheel axle.....pretty easy.

DISCONNECT THE BATTERY BEFORE DOING IT, airbag to the face can break your nose.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, finished.

unplug the battery for a while, unscrew the two bolt(5.5mm), then easily pull the airbag out

simple and easy.

remember to unplug the battery first!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya, thanks man.

but there is no need of special tool for taking the wheel off. a simple wrench will do the job.

[thumb]

·
Registered
4 Posts
This goes along here pretty well. I just want to replace my stock wheel with a leather wrapped wheel in my '03 Sedan. Will I be able to put the airbag right back into the new steering wheel after I remove it from the old one or will I need to do something else first?

·
Registered
348 Posts
trmptr4484 said:
This goes along here pretty well. I just want to replace my stock wheel with a leather wrapped wheel in my '03 Sedan. Will I be able to put the airbag right back into the new steering wheel after I remove it from the old one or will I need to do something else first?
Yes, i have done this on my '05, just pop off the old one and put the new one on, replace the airbag. Very easy I did the whole thing in ~10 minutes.

Leather is such a nice upgrade, especially for the steering wheel.

·
Registered
107 Posts
There was a leather SVTF on eBay a few days ago for sale. I think it went for $30.00 shipped an easy nice upgrade. That's the next one I'm doing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts