Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: Is there a way to wire steering wheel controls into any HU, or does the HU needs to be configured for it somehow? Supposing I could find either the stock volume controls that mount on the wheel, so some other kind, is it possible, or would I need a new HU.

Nick

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
nstiesi said:
Question: Is there a way to wire steering wheel controls into any HU, or does the HU needs to be configured for it somehow? Supposing I could find either the stock volume controls that mount on the wheel, so some other kind, is it possible, or would I need a new HU.

Nick
When I read the title of this thread, I was thinking of something COMPLETLEY DIFFERENT.

And how does your SPI have steering wheel radio controls?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry if this was confusing! this could clear it up...

My SPI doesn't have radio controls on the steering wheel, (maybe steering column is a more appropriate term)....but if I were to get my hands on some, can they be wired to an aftermarket unit.

Nick

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thats cool, but my HU doesn't have a remote. The only other thing I could think of is using a standard potentiometer on the wires coming out of the HU. But I would have no idea how to control the potentiometer with the console switch. Hmmmmmm....

Nick

·
Registered
393 Posts
only real way will be to use one of the aftermarket adapters but need a remote. unless you use an SVT radio and do all the wiring.

Tim

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, thats what my research seems to indicate. Oh well, thanks for weighing in.

Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts