Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm wanting to get a sparco steering wheel to add on now, but from what i've been told, installing that will disable all the previous functions....now i can live w/out an airbag, but what about the turn signal and all the other options i have on the column?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
not sure about the legality, but the insurance companies will have a field day with you if they find out you've removed safety equipment from your car.

Mike

·
Registered
456 Posts
02focuszx3 said:
now i can live w/out an airbag
Well, I'd wait to say that until after you get in a accident.

But like Mike said, the insurance companies won't like it, they might even have some clause to not provide coverage if that is the case. Like I know one of my friends insurance companies won't cover you from a theft of stuff in your car if there is no sign of forced entry because if you didn't lock your doors they consider it potentially preventable or something.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Re: Re: steering wheel question

oracleguy said:
Like I know one of my friends insurance companies won't cover you from a theft of stuff in your car if there is no sign of forced entry because if you didn't lock your doors they consider it potentially preventable or something.
Yes, leaving it unlocked is an "attractive nuisance" - the thief says to himself "this is too easy" and of course they go for it. If, for example, the thief decides to steal a car because the keys were in the ignitionand the doors unlocked, he can then sue you if he crashes in the ensuing high-speed police chase due to your failure to fix those bad brakes, let's say. Remember that post about the Stella's? This is the same thing. They can sue you on the grounds that had you not made it so easy for them to steal the car, the whole mess wouldn't have happened. It's retarded, but that's our legal system.

Oh, and don't take out the airbag unless you (a) would like to increase your chances of dying in an accident (b) want to get into legal troubles (c) are preparing the car as an off-road only race vehicle...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts