Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember having the option to buy cruise control or audio controls on the wheel, and I'm wondering how easy would these be to add on.. are they just plugs that hook up to sockets that are already in the wheel? Or is there actual modification required.

Saw this in the FF mag, sparked my interest.. hoping someone will know.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
it is way more difficult than just putting on the buttons. You need the wiring harness, and servo motor for the speed control, plus the harness for the radio and possibly a new radio

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Ford Racing sells a speed/cruise control kit that works with the 2000-2004 MY's...logic would dictate that they'll eventually come out with a kit for 2005+ models as well.

I believe the programming's already in the ECU regardless of whether the car comes with it or not, you just need to add the hardware to the system and connect everything. You could probably pull both parts off of a junked '05 that came equipped with it, although I'm not sure what parts are required for the cruise control.

I'm sure a dealer could do it as well...if you want to pay their rates to have it done.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts