Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize Im probably dumb for asking this, but, how do you take of the stock steering wheel. Especially with out setting off the air bag. Is it easy to put on an aftermarket steering wheel? Are any modifications required>? Im asking more specifically for an '08 but any help will, well, help.
I did do a search and looked in the help archive but came up with nothing, but I amy have missed it.
Thank you in advance, I just need to get rid of this steering wheel [driving]

·
Registered
97 Posts
not specific to the focus but i took off the steering wheel/airbag/steering column more than once in my golf:

make sure you disconnect the battery before doing anything near the airbags to make sure they don't go off. the airbag should be a separate piece that comes off the wheel. remove it, unplug, then get to work on the steering wheel itself. if you pick up a haynes manual @ autozone or whatever it should have the procedure in there.

aftermarket steering wheel should be easy, you just need the right hub adapter. most cars don't require permanent modification, just the right adapter for the steering wheel itself, and a wire for the horn buttons.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts