Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've just had a steering rack replacement done by a garage, they had the car for over a week but there struggling to remove the lights that have come on the dashboard, traction control and hill start assist, I took the car home over the weekend as I needed to use it, back at the garage today. It drove ok but steering was a little stiff when I turn left. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think the EPAS (electric power assisted steering) system needs to be re-programmed by ford dealer

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
1,741 Posts
Hi, I've just had a steering rack replacement done by a garage, they had the car for over a week but there struggling to remove the lights that have come on the dashboard, traction control and hill start assist, I took the car home over the weekend as I needed to use it, back at the garage today. It drove ok but steering was a little stiff when I turn left. Does anyone have any suggestions please?
The traction control and hill assist is usually an ABS related issue and not an EPAS related one. Therefore, I would bet that they damaged or disconnected a wheel sensor wire when they replaced the rack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts