Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 2012 SE Hatchback has steering lock? The manual does not clarify. I can remove the key and turn the steering wheel back and forth and it does not lock.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Elizabeth, just wanted some confirmation. I just assumed that it had a steering lock and then when I tried...no. I will look into the one you suggested.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Gotta believe that modern cars with chip-equipped keys are pretty tough to hotwire. I'll have to check some other cars in the house to see if they have column locks.
Moon

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
My main issue is the car can be (push) rolled away without a key (manual transmission) So it can easily be rolled and steered away with no impediment.
"MY" reason for the steering wheel lock. I wish i could find an easy to use shifter lock that could keep it in a gear. or a lock on the handbrake. where a key is (could be) required to release the handbrake.
I can move my Focus physically with one hand. Release the parking brake, shifter in neutral. push. no problem. It rolls really easy. Way easier than my old Contour.

At least the Focus has a intruder alarm. If the door is opened with a key (or at least NOt with the remote fob), it will sound the alarm after so many seconds unless the key is inserted in the ignition. (or something like that)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts