Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was involved in a crash in my 2013 Titanium Focus (4,513 miles) in February of this year. Some high schooler with no lights on didn't yield to me turning. 50/50 fault. Awesome

Fast forward to October and I think the crash may have messed up the alignment of the steering. When I brake at certain speeds, it intermittently pulls to the right or to the left. Imagine torque steer, but when you're braking. No idea what to do or if it's something else. [dunno]Help??

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yes take it for alignment. Also just a suggestion but consider the roads you are on and if they are grooved from long-term use. The car will pull noticeably when braking on uneven surfaces, something I face from time to time where I live but no fault of the car. Hopefully you're all good. Update us!

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
Fast forward to October and I think the crash may have messed up the alignment of the steering. When I brake at certain speeds, it intermittently pulls to the right or to the left. Imagine torque steer, but when you're braking. No idea what to do or if it's something else. [dunno]Help??
Does the car track straight when you are not braking? If so, I would surmise something else might be involved. Perhaps one brake rotor is grabbing. A sticking piston in the front disc caliper comes to mind. You did have damage to the left front end.

Also, make sure you have equal pressure in both front tires.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You waited until now to worry about this?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I've never been in an accident and my car does(did?) this sometimes too depending on the slope of the surface in the road. I just hold onto the steering wheel when I brake. Actually, I haven't noticed it for a long time - not sure if I'm used to it or if one of the many alignments/new tires fixed it.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302977

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. I don't know why I waited this long to notice the issue, I guess it didn't get bad until now. As I only took it to a body shop, I hardly believe they did anything mechanically to it. I'm going to take it to the dealer tomorrow to see what's going on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts