Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i started to replace my steering gear i got the new one in installed it but still have the same dumb issue it does not work did i miss a step do i have to do more programming

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
It doesn't work at all? Is it acting wonky? Any DTCs?

There are steering gear calibration and pull-drift compensation reset features, but I'm not convinced that those problems would result in the power steering not working at all.

Maybe it's a problem with a wire/harness or one of the multiple other modules the PSCM communicates with. Looks like it talks to these guys: engine control module/power control module, ABS control module, steering angle sensor module, body control module, restraints control module, instrument panel cluster control module, parking assist control module. Good luck! [driving]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know im having issues with the RCM it was a crash car that im trying to fix up for myself and i have a few DTC codes that are RCM but i dont see why that would stop the PSCM from not activating ? U3000;49 is one of the DTC ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i been trying to solve the issue on how to activate the power steering im not having much luck ford ids just say its deactivated tested full harness everthing seems to work fine

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
i been trying to solve the issue on how to activate the power steering im not having much luck ford ids just say its deactivated tested full harness everthing seems to work fine
Hi hansel1992,

When was your most recent trip to the dealer on this? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

·
Registered
55 Posts
U3000 are internal modal faults. So I'm guessing the pscm is faulty. I don't know if that's on the rack or on the steering column tho

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts