Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
2009 Focus SE ignition / starting problem?

My daughter has replaced the starter, Battery, relay and ignition switch and her car still doesn't start at times. It seems to be worse when it's hot out. No one can figure out why it's doing this. Very frustrating and unsafe.

exactly same with my daughter's car....AND seems to be worse in the heat!! did you try changing the "lock housing assembly"?? did it solve the issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great thread guys! You helped me determine what my problem was. There is a video on you tube called; How To Fix Ignition Problems on a 2010 Ford Escape & Save $1,500! It explains how to add more rotational travel to the lock cylinder and fix the problem for free.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you! Purchased the lock housing assembly and replaced it along with new clock spring and new steering wheel with cruise buttons! Airbag light disappeared with clock spring replacement, and engine turns over easy now with the turn of a key 🙂

·
Registered
3 Posts
to whom it may concern I have a ford focus 2009 SES that has that issue, I can turn the key yet it will not go that extra little nudge needed to get it to start. If I mess with the key until I"m ready to beat the snot out of the steering wheel and column or try to turn the key until it feels like I'm ready to break said key. Graphite helped it so temporary video's I've seen seem to introduce the key tumbler but I suspect it's more in line with that kit this gentleman speaks of. So do I put it in myself or designate a dealer since a garage is what I lack lol. Maybe the warm weather will hold up and I'll venture in. As a side bar ford's got some issue's with door latches that break on the outside should you venture in this may I suggest plenty of patience in replacing the latch assy which is relatively inexpensive but slot some time at it's not an easy repair as the door design makes you a genius in new adjectives shall we say. Thanks for the 411 on this sounds like you've hit the correct method. jc

61 - 64 of 64 Posts