Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, can i install a tiltable steering wheel in my car? it didn't come with one stock

also can you give me opinions on my interior ideas?

My first idea: go with a red and black theme on the inside and out,
Second red and bllack on the outside, and blue and black on the inside
third blue and black in both

i would be dash accents and gauges on the interior and brake caliper and badge painting on the outside

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Im pretty sure that you can have the tilt/telescoping steering wheel .
You would have to change out everything from the back part of the
steering wheel to the point where it makes its connection just before
going through the firewall.
Not a hard install. But the part is kinda heavy.

That will be the one and only part that you would need.

newfordparts.com has it for 229.50 plus shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you think focus salvage might have one? or maybe even a junkyard?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry for being a little demanding, but thanks a ton!

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
The focus steering wheel is telescoping and raising up and down, not tiltable. Is it that big of a deal for you cause to get a tiltable one installed, your talking huge bucks.......

As for the color scheme, honestly I won't comment much as big bright colors in the interior are very ricey. I much more prefer a slight color change complimenting the interior colors as they are already......

·
Registered
122 Posts
You can install a tilt steering column, all th e columns are the same from 2000-2005, I imagine that '06 is the same as well. It's really a straight forward and simple swap, just be sure that you get the clockspring set properly, you don't want to stretch or tear the wiring. I picked up a used column off of Ebay for about $50 shipped. You can re-use your column covers and wheel with no problem. When looking either get a column with out an ignition cylinder or make sure that if it does come with an ignition cylinder, you get a key.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I picked up my tilt/telescoping column off of Ebay a few years ago for $25 shipped. You might want to check on there before you spend a lot anywhere. And the install is quite simple.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts