Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently received a "steering assist fault, service required" message on my 2012 Ford Focus. I've seen the posts here of others who have had he same problem, but I haven't seen how the problem was resolved.

Can anyone tell me how their problem was resolved and was it expensive? My vehicle is beyond warranty coverage.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Recently received a "steering assist fault, service required" message on my 2012 Ford Focus. I've seen the posts here of others who have had he same problem, but I haven't seen how the problem was resolved.

Can anyone tell me how their problem was resolved and was it expensive? My vehicle is beyond warranty coverage.

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.
Welcome to the forum!

Have you been to your dealer to have this looked at? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Have you been to your dealer to have this looked at? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan
I have not taken it to a dealership yet due to concerns about cost, which is why I posted here to see what the experience of other owners with the same problem have experienced in terms of the solution and cost.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have not taken it to a dealership yet due to concerns about cost, which is why I posted here to see what the experience of other owners with the same problem have experienced in terms of the solution and cost.
I would be able to look into some options for assistance, however, I'd need you to get a diagnosis at your dealer first.

Meagan

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
These are new enough that I haven't seen any owner repairs done to date.

The EPAS system (electric power assist steering) adds a bit of complexity and many repairs do end up involving a replacement rack - a "guess" I wouldn't want to make at the price of throwing parts at the problem.

Meagan's offer of investigating options for assistance sounds like a good option to consider. I'm sure mileage affects this, but it may not be the deal breaker you imagine (no idea where you sit right now for that).

Luck

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
...Meagan's offer of investigating options for assistance sounds like a good option to consider. I'm sure mileage affects this, but it may not be the deal breaker you imagine (no idea where you sit right now for that).

Luck
Thanks! [wave]

Meagan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Meagan,

My car is being looked at tomorrow by Art Hill Ford in Merrillville, IN. The vehicle has 52,277 miles on it. I'll let you know what they say after they diagnose the problem. Not sure what you can do, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

HD

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Make sure to PM your details to Meagan for her attention.

She's good at scanning the Forum to look for situations where she might assist, but this msg. might not be noticed immediately & your details (like VIN) need to be private anyways.

Luck

P.S. - added (2012) to your title for better visibility.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Meagan,

My car is being looked at tomorrow by Art Hill Ford in Merrillville, IN. The vehicle has 52,277 miles on it. I'll let you know what they say after they diagnose the problem. Not sure what you can do, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

HD
I see your message; after I read it, I'll let you know in a reply there if I need anything else. :)

Make sure to PM your details to Meagan for her attention.

She's good at scanning the Forum to look for situations where she might assist, but this msg. might not be noticed immediately & your details (like VIN) need to be private anyways.

Luck

P.S. - added (2012) to your title for better visibility.
Thanks a bunch, sailor!

Meagan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Meagan,

Thank you. I hope you're getting my PMs. I don't see any of my messages in my PM "sent" folder. I've sent two messages so far.

HD

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Meagan,

Thank you. I hope you're getting my PMs. I don't see any of my messages in my PM "sent" folder. I've sent two messages so far.

HD
I got your messages, but thank you for checking. It's possible they aren't in the sent because I haven't had a chance to open them yet. Please remember to allow for two business days for a reply via PM. :)

Meagan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts