Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My Focus has the full driving assistance: lane assist, lane centering, stop and go, adaptive cruise, adaptive lighting, reversing camera and 360* sensors. But Bristol Street Ford in Crewe have totally f****d up my tracking after I took it in to be checked when I brushed the kerb. I’ve taken it back, and they had it 2 days and still didn’t fix anything. Ford Stoke ant fit me in until mid September.
So, I’m taking it to a 4 wheel laser alignment tomorrow, I’ve been told by Stoke Ford that no calbiration is needed, but how dose that fit?
Is there anything I need to stress to the place doing my alignment tomorrow? The steering wheel is currently off Center, and the toe and camber is defiantly wrong, Is there a way they can get the steering entered electronically that doesn’t involve just gueasing it by eye (which im guessing the other guys did)….?
Cheers for all the info I can get, I know enough about mechanics, but this is a territory I am new too.

2020 Focus Vignale 2.0 diesel automatic

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
1,481 Posts
Was the steering wheel and alignment off before or after you took it to Ford? You weren't clear at all what exactly was wrong with it to bring it in for service in the first place. You just said you hit a curb. If the car was driving straight then it should have been just inspected and left alone if all was in specification.
If you bent something in the steering and/or suspension then it needs to be identified and replaced before an alignment can be done. The dealer that you took it to obviously didn't do what they were supposed to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts