Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

here's what been done lately. i have steelies for winter and i now have a good sounding 8"woofer. (note upper bracket still needs to be made)
enjoy. i have some track day pics too if anyones interested.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Mine are going on in the next week sometime too. We have a 50% chance of snow tomorrow too [:(]

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
i brought my winter rims/ tires up with me today to school "incase" i need em before i head back home in 2 weekends... ugh... i hate winter...

looks good brenton...

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
nice, now i dun feel bad i have steelies, i cant wait to get my snow tires and start ripping in the snow :)

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
ugh, dont you hate/love this time of the year? It sucks to have to do that to your car, but then again, its ski season, so you cant be too mad.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Did you make your sub box? Or is that the SVT box? WHatever it is, it looks good!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
no i change mine to stock 16" rims lol... but still

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Steelies because they look like crap but nobody really cares.............it's winter lol.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I was just wondering because I just got new rims should I hold off on putting them on till after winter?

·
Registered
800 Posts
i live in jackson tennessee bout an hour out of memphis and i wait till like a day or so before they call for snow to take my svt's off and put my 16's on so u should be good bro just keep an eye on the weather

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well for you guys pondering the box. its a stock post 02 audiophile enclosure yes.
inside it is a pioneer premier shallow 8"woofer. it is the shizz.
what i did to the box was pull out the pad and seal it good with plumbers putty. (99 cents for a small tub at home depot) of all things. its like playdough that wont harden ever!!. its so cool i even sealed the hole in back with the stuff. i got the woofer for 80 bucks on line. and it can get pretty loud. without making your chest hurt. that and its almost invisible.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
haha I cut out my SVT box to 10 inches and put an infinity kappa 10 in there I got from a friend CHEAP (it and a nice JBL amp for 50 bucks). It was too deep, so I made a thing out of wood to make it fit. It actually sounds pretty good, but would sound better with a bigger box. I don't want to lose my trunk though.....

on the steelies.....need to be widened and some serious tire stretch to them [thumb] lol

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i wish... maybe i can get ahold of stockton wheel and have them build me a 14" track set. lol.

(they make custom 4x4 wheels)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts