Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to change stock steel wheels to alloys. Do I also have to buy new bolts and nuts?

What size to 2012 Focus mk3

·
Registered
25 Posts
You will need to be sure that the lugnuts that you have are the correct angle to seat properly in the wheel. Most steel wheel lugnuts are bare steel as well so you will probably want to upgrade anyway. FYI most part stores are 2 to 4 dollars each but you can buy a set of lugnuts on Ebay much cheaper. I picked up a set of Dorman OE style for 20ish a while back. Hope this helps!

·
Approved FF ********
118 Posts
Depends on the wheel. Are you going with an O.E. Alloy Wheel or something aftermarket?

·
Thats What She Said
10,696 Posts
Also depends on where you get the wheels from. I got a set of wheels from Tire Rack and it came with a new set of lug nuts.

If it does not come with any then I would sugest looking at a high quality lug nut that is a high quality and reputable company for Aluminum or even better a forged steel.

If the wheel has a weird or crazy finish then there are lug nuts that have a built in washer (not sure of the best way to describe it) that prevents marring or damage to the finish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts