Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, in the FocusFanatic's magazine (I found one at Walmart) they installed a Steeda short shifter meant for the Focus. They believe it's a good thing, but I'm wondering if anyone else has an opinion before I put down my 108 bucks.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Its on my list of mods-to-be-done. I hear nothing but good news about it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have it and i love it =) ez install

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Same transmission as a 03+ Zetec.

(well same as in 98% same. We do have a different final drive, but thats internal)

·
Registered
101 Posts
well make sure you get the right one it will say on it that its for focus made after may 2002, goto steedas website and find it so you know what ur lookin for.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Egz said:
Same transmission as a 03+ Zetec.

(well same as in 98% same. We do have a different final drive, but thats internal)
Egz: seems to be I've heard someplace (well, okay, I heard it here - where else?) that the bellhousing is beefed up on the MTX for the PZEV application. Any idea?

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Not sure about being beefed up. But the bell housing would be different to mate to the Duratec. Forgot about that.

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found on Steeda's site they have PZEV's version. It's a bit different than the Zetec so I'll make sure I don't get the wrong part. Man, this car's cool.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not sure. what I do know is that the steeda's shifter is designed so that it's throw is shorter but doesn't sacrifice the comfort.

·
Registered
101 Posts
its a goot inch and a half shorter and it placed the knob at

its a goot inch and a half shorter and it placed the knob at knee level or a bit lower, its very confotable and its still easy trows you can easyly shift with a flick of the wrist.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I plan on getting the steeda in the future but I was messing around with the shifter trying to take it out the other night and I broke off a frew of these plastic pieces. I was following the steps in the Focus Fanatic magazine and if you look at step 6 you can see the piece that he is using the socket wrench with. That is the piece that I broke those plastic petals off of because it is not as easy as they say. Does anyone know if this puts me in any kind of trouble with it breaking? Where can I find a replacement retaining clip with those plastic petals?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Focaro said:
Hi. I' m new here. How about the FC Race Shifter 2002,5&up. Is it as good as Steeda's?
I got it on my 2003 Zetec. It's very nice and better then stock. It's just that it sucks when it's cold the knob takes forever to warm up and when it's hot you can't stand to touch it. That's the only complaint I have on it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts