Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to buy a short shift for my 02 SVTF. Now the 2 types that i found are Steeda and focus central. in my eyes they are the same just the focus central one is cheaper. i would like to hear some peoples input on what they think.

thanks
seth

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i know this isnt what ur lookin for, but the C-F-M unit is really nice. Its kinda like the others but it is adjustable. kinda useless for me cuz im like 5' tall and the shortest setting works for me, but if ur taller and want a longer throw it def comes in handy. its a real solid piece and id highly recommend it. if u decide to go with steeda, just get the Ford Racing piece cuz its the same thing $20 cheaper.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
in my eyes they are the same just the focus central one is cheaper.
FRPP/Steeda shifter is completely different from the Focus Central shifter.
FC is quite a bit shorter, and doesn't have a revised pivot point to shorten the throws.
(doesn't need it, cause it's so short)

·
Registered
270 Posts
There are only a handful of the FC SVT shifters left on the shelf. If you are interested, I recommend that you hurry and get one while you can. Once they are gone....they're gone!

Tony D

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
see... obsolete. stick with the c-f-m or Ford racing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have had the FC and steeda and to me the steeda is far superior. the FC is just a cut down shifter.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
FRPP and Steeda are the exact same shifter. Just FYI

·
Registered
297 Posts
i got the steeda... love it

just checked their site and cant believe how much they raised the price. i paid 99 bucks for mine a little over a year ago!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the help guys. i will be getting one soon

seth
now all i have to do is figure out what to get nexted i got about 500$ left. and all i have is intake exhause and soon short throw. any imputs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts