Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be installing the steeda intake kit on my bro's 07 D20 tomorrow. Is.the procedure: disconnect battery, install intake, run at idle for 5-10 min to get ecu.used to new flow @idle, then take car for spin round neighborhood a.few times to get engine used to it?

Will be installing around 1 tomorrow. Any last advice would be awesome.

Thanks,

·
Registered
716 Posts
That's it except it takes a couple hundred miles. So I wouldn't worry about the spin around the neighborhood.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
It shouldn't take more than about 50 mostly highway miles for all points to read as ready, as many past experiences have shown Me. Otherwise, You got it right(actual time for ECU to reset at idle is 6 minutes, FYI).[thumb]

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Put it on then connect the battery then go beat on the car. The italian tune up part helped my car run a wee bit better.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Appreciate it

·
Registered
128 Posts
before said trip around neighbordhod be sure to pull a ricer move and sit there with the car floored and bounce it off the rev limiter so everyone knows there's some mad horsepower under the hood.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I didn't disconnect the battery, and had no issues. IMO, there is very little difference until you add an exhaust on there. You can't take in more air than you can push out.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finished the install in an hour. No CELs after installation. Only thing i noticed was during idle, i could hear a gulping/burping noise coming from.the intake. I double checked the hose clamps and they were all nice and snug. I would think that is just normal for the kit. If someone else has heard this and it is a problem or not please let me know.

Vaccuum sound when the car is turned off is nice.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@04RedRocket-that's the greatest line I've heard all.day!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts