Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have steeda springs and eibach sway bars on my car. I also just found out that it also has the camber plates (eibach also I think) and the rear camber bolt kit. My rear tires are wearing really bad. I just realized the belt is showing on one tire. Now the tires are just about worn any way so its time for a set any way. They are down to the wear bar on the rest of the tire. But, the inside of the tires like I say are down to the belt so the camber is off I'm sure.

For those who have lowering springs, what have you used to get the camber back to factory specs.?

I believe the steeda springs are supposed to give a 1.5 inch drop. Which on the SVT should end up actually being .75 inch drop from the factory svt springs. So it appear that the camber bolts in the rear are not giving enough pos. camber to make up for the drop. I wonder if it may be necessary to get the upper adjustable control arms.

What have any of you with a similar drop had to use to get it right?

I'll find out tomorrow what my specs. are when I get a set of tires and a 4 wheel alignment done.

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
ive got the pro kit which is the same drop. and i didnt need camber bolts, they did it all in the alignment with the factory camber adjustment. no wear on my tires either. maybe you got something else thats bad and causing the wear. or they dont know how to align a car

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah may be it was just a little off. I've only had the car a couple of months so I don't know who did the last one. I'm getting it aligned tomorrow so I'll see where it's at and go from there.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
It cold be the toe that could be eating the tires.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
^toe EATS your tires especially in the rear!.

Have the alignment shop get as close to 0.0 front and rear toe as possible. This will save your tires. FOREWARNING! This will cause the car to "wonder" slightly in the lane as the tires track with the grooves in the road. You get used to it.

You can also do your own alignment in your LEVEL driveway with jackstands and a tape measure/rule thats good to 1/32 (1/64 is better)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it aligned today. I do have the camber bolts in the rear. the rear camber is -1.3 on one side and -1.6 on the other. So, I guess that's decent. Every thing else is in atleast the mid range except for the front caster. both right and left are at the max of +4.1.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they have the front toe in at -0.09 and -0.06
rear toe out at 0.13 adn 0.13

It drives and tracks just fine. The shop said to bring it back after 2000 miles and they would take a look at the wear. I know closer to 0 toe in the rear is best for good tire wear. But bringing that toe back in, in the rear may also cause more neg. camber. So, it's a balance. It's curious that I still have that much meg camber with the camber bolts in the rear. those bolts only give you 1 deg (pos) of movement though.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
How goes toe effect camber setting's?

they have the front toe in at -0.09 and -0.06
rear toe out at 0.13 adn 0.13

It drives and tracks just fine. The shop said to bring it back after 2000 miles and they would take a look at the wear. I know closer to 0 toe in the rear is best for good tire wear. But bringing that toe back in, in the rear may also cause more neg. camber. So, it's a balance.

How do you figure that adjusting your toe effect's the camber setting? 1st of all they should set your rear camber 1st & then your rear toe, then adjust your front camber/ castor if adjustable, then set your toe. Do the rear 1st, & then the front, w/ the toe setting being done last! Is your rear toe setting= total or per side? They could have spent a little more time on your front toe, instead of getting in the green & shipping it. & is your steering wheel straight, I hate crooked wheel's.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been reading up on the forums about alignment and I have read that when adjusting the toe on the rear that also will affect camber. Only going by what I read, so that may not be totally accurate. I do know the rear camber is maxed out as far pos as it will go with the camber bolts.
the rear toe is +0.13 on each side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts