Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
For anyone still interested in the original point of this post, the bolts will need to be 3 1/4" long. Still need to take a bolt into the store to match the thread size and find the right length though

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using FF Mobile
Yes the bolts was riveting, carry on. [8]

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
If you like the UDP then its your money and spend it the way you choose , im all for that , if your adding them for HP/TQ they dont and its why you dont see people selling the Focus UDP or there customers showing any gains / dynos

Tom
We can agree to disagree then, I've seen gains on other cars and like I said not all cars will have gains, it depends on how heavy and big the oem pullies are to begin with.

·
FF Affiliate
30,253 Posts
Talking the Focus here , I have seen gains on other Engines as well but again none worth the cost of the UDP and gains that the dyno showed were minimal at best

Tom

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
So you admit gains, thank you

·
Registered
439 Posts
It all adds Up

It all adds up in the end. UDP, light weight wheels, Throttle Body spacer, Fly wheel, Rear Seat removal ETC... The less weight the faster you will go in the end. You can't see this on the Dyno most times, but on the track you will see 10's, 100's come off.

Now cost of the parts and the install makes some more desirable then others. There are lots of ways to loose weight and put less strain on the engine and free up more Hp/Tq. Each carries it's plus and minuses and must be part of an overall package including tunes.

·
FF Affiliate
30,253 Posts
UDP , no gains

TB Spacer , no gains

Light weight wheels , yes gains

If you can feel it in the seat of the pants then a dyno can show it , to "feel it" you have to be adding TQ and TQ gains of losses can be measured

Tom

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Afraid even the wheels are of limited advantage, Grass Roots Racing magazine did a head to head track comparison to try and quantify the advantages (or not) and there was little difference to show. Some tests showed a slight advantage, some did not.

·
Trump 2016
12,947 Posts
Would have to say mustang have a set of carbon fiber wheels forgot which model but Less weight always equal faster times.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Sticking better on a bumpy road helps more than spinning up faster (lower unsprung weight).

When the RPM change is slow, the weight difference doesn't matter as much. Drags might be more of an advantage than road course for example.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
UDP , no gains

TB Spacer , no gains

Light weight wheels , yes gains

If you can feel it in the seat of the pants then a dyno can show it , to "feel it" you have to be adding TQ and TQ gains of losses can be measured

Tom
You already admitted there were gains

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
You already admitted there were gains
You DO seem to have an obsession about a relatively useless Mod..

Since I haven't researched this recently, what's avail. for the current Focus?

Is the stock crank pulley a harmonic balancer? (Was, haven't seen a confirmation for the current one)

How about replacements? Any have that function?

Have you looked into the timing work necessary to replace the crank pulley?

What accessory pulleys are avail. to match?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts