Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had my steeda short shifter for about a month now. well, during the install, there was a little plastic clip with teeth on it on the left side of the shifter base and when i attempted to remove it, about 4 teeth popped off. well, i don't know if it is caused by the missing teeth or what, but the shifter kinda moves left to right about 2-3 inches when ITS IN GEAR. makes for some really sloppy shifting. the throw is shorter, but it just feels sloppy as hell. does anyone have any ideas where i can get another one of these retaining clips. should i go to a dealership or what? all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i heard that was a problem in installing any short shifter, except on the SVT. I'd go to ford, not sure of anywhere else that would sell them

·
Registered
177 Posts
hey i have the exact same problem...i am currently looking for a new clip as well... if you want, take a tie-strap and tie it around the base of the shifter to keep it from moving side to side. I have a tie-strap on mine now, and it's been going strong on there for a few months until i can find a place to get a clip. i have not checked with ford yet, so let me know if you do, and how it goes. i can't find any replacements on the web. any replies are appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found my problem. when i took my stock shifter off there was a little white piece that pops onto the small piece sticking out of the right side of the shifter. well, anyway, i took my shifter assembly apart again, popped it on, and the shifer feels AWESOME!. i think this is one of the best interioir mods you can buy. go steeda!

·
Registered
86 Posts
The wire ties are a good idea... I know a guy that is a parts manager for a local Ford dealership here that might be able to help out. I'll talk to him after I get my short throw and see what all this is about firsthand.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Parts

If it is a stock part your looking for, try the junk yards too! The parts are usually way cheaper. Plus, you can usually get an individual part Ford may only sell as an assembly.

There are also a number of online Ford parts retailers. If you cant find the individual part there, there is a good chance it is part of an assembly.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Steedas are about 125, and are real easy to install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts