Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I drove up to steeda's shop in valdosta and had the first shifter installed, all I can say is if you have seen steedas shifters in the past you will not be disapointed in the build quality. Now I cannot post any pictures of the shifter yet since it has not been released but you guys will enjoy it when it does come out.

Also I got to see what we have to look forward to over the next few months that steeda has planned,all i have to say is start saving your penny's! LOL

·
Registered
277 Posts
Fascinating. I'll keep my eyes peeled!

·
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14
2,026 Posts
If what Steeda has in store for the 12' resembles anything like the specs and picture look like for the SEMA release that recently came out, I can't wait. I wanna take my SEL and do a full Steeda conversion, that package was very nice!

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
You're such a tease, Red.

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm just keeping you guys updated, since I was the first to get steedas rear sway bar now the sts. I'm hoping to keep working with steeda for the 2012 crew

Also i am working with sct in regards to tuning but no news on that front but ill keep everyone updated.

Once the sts hits the market ill he sure to post pictures though

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yahoo!!! Thanks for the info, I had a Steeda short throw in my 2007 ST. Recently installed their new rear sway bar, and their short throw is another planned upgrade for my '12 Fofo.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Any idea when this will be released??

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14
2,026 Posts
^ that package was rims & paint. I don't see any actual parts on it.
Maybe not on this site, but there was a write up with a list of parts they planned on releasing for the car at the SEMA show from the shifter, body kit, intake, springs and suspension, sway bars, wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, etc.....

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yahoo!!! Thanks for the info, I had a Steeda short throw in my 2007 ST. Recently installed their new rear sway bar, and their short throw is another planned upgrade for my '12 Fofo.
Jack, does the ESC seem to intervene? More rear roll stiffness would give it either more neutral cornering, or a 'wee bit of tail-happy action. If you drop the throttle when cornering, does it tighten up the line nicely?

Do you have any sense that ESC action is occurring?

thx

Euro

·
Registered
152 Posts
Jack, does the ESC seem to intervene? More rear roll stiffness would give it either more neutral cornering, or a 'wee bit of tail-happy action. If you drop the throttle when cornering, does it tighten up the line nicely?

Do you have any sense that ESC action is occurring?

thx

Euro
Hi Euro, I sent you a PM. Jack

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any idea when this will be released??

Sent from my iPhone 4S
Shooting for the next month or two , I'm testing it in real world conditions and provideing feedback .

·
Registered
152 Posts
How are you liking Steedas' short throw so far? These 2012 manuals shift real well, does their short shifter feel worth the moolah?

·
Registered
422 Posts
They lied to me, I asked the reps at sema when the aftermarket parts were gonna be available and they enthusiastically said "today!"
That was almost a month ago....

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far I am really liking it, I am shooting to be able to go to their shop on Valdosta this Wednesday.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
we can haz pics yet?

·
Something goes here
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Until the shifter hits the market I can't post pictures :-(

But like I said I am going to try and make it up there this week of everything is good shouldn't be much longer

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think a short shifter would be great on this car. It's a nice clutch and shifter overall, but the throw is a bit long. It would be great to shorten it a bit. Any idea on the price?

1 - 20 of 181 Posts